While we don’t know who will represent Illinois’ second district in Congress, we do know that addressing the issue of gun violence will be among the very first issues they face. I believe we need more leaders in Congress addressing the issue of gun violence in our cities and our communities. For this reason, I believe we must all speak with one voice on this urgent matter.”
Robin Kelly’s Five Point Pledge:
1. Pass a comprehensive ban on assault weapons.
2. Eliminate the gun show loophole.
3. Pledge never to receive support from groups that oppose reasonable gun safety legislation.
4. Ban high capacity ammunition magazines.
5. Support laws that prohibit conceal and carry permits.
We all share a common goal. To that end, stand with Robin Kelly and her leadership, and ask her fellow candidates for the second Congressional district of Illinois to pledge to support her initiative to reduce gun violence by clicking here and signing “Robin’s Pledge”.